Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wonderbread

I woke up and my mom wanted something with banana. I remembered my roommate making some banana bread that I had thought was funky upon first bite. It tasted yogurty. 10 seconds later, I had wanted to find the recipe. So I looked up banana yogurt breads--they existed! Of course, now that I'm back in Berkeley, I asked my roommate about that banana bread, and she claims that it had zero yogurt. None.

Point is, it turned out we only had one banana left, but I still wanted yogurty bread. Since I got a good grip on zesting, I went for an all-out lemon yogurt loaf. I pumped it full of blueberries, soaked in a tangy glaze, and had myself the tastiest, moistest yogurty loaf of my life.



I found this zesty lemon bread recipe and modified.

Differences:
I used a LOT less sugar. And it was still too sweet.
I used low fat yogurt.
I used more lemon juice, and less powdered sugar, for the glaze. The cake soaked it up nicely, but you had to be very careful slicing/lifting. Maybe you didn't have to be, but I was. This loaf was precious to me.
I used blueberries, of course. There are few bloods more tantalizing than that of the blueberry.

Spongy and glorious.



Please make this and feed it to anyone who needs a smile. I'd recommend making a couple loaves at once--I was sad that I only got a slice and a half.
-Anna

1 comment: