Monday, June 21, 2010

Cheesecake for the Boys

Oh those Italians!

Letting me make a plump and juicy cheesecake, crustless, ricotta-full.

They do know the way to so many hearts.

So this was my first cheesecake! It didn't fall, which I was not happy about, but apparently this isn't a huge issue for most people who consume your cheesecake, so no need to fret.

I don't think I've ever zested so much in my life. But I loved every minute of it. 3 whole lemons. 2 big ole oranges.



Here's the recipe.

I used less sugar, and it was definitely still very sweet on the tooth.

So rich yet fresh. Mmm. Oh!! And I used low fat ricotta. Still rich enough to only be able to take a forkful, wait a while, take another, share some with your host's roommates, bring some home, have him bring some home, have him drop it on the way home, have him cut off the part that touched the floor and eat the rest, too many commas, not enough grammar.

Cheesecake! Blueberries next time. And chocolate chips. Mmmmm!

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment