Friday, June 4, 2010

Madeleines in May-Hmm

That was a play on Amanda's title!

check it

We made those! Yeah they were good, yeah we love our dates and our earl greys. Lady grey? No thank you.



I won't lie--I struggled with the use of blender. I forgot to add water, and those blades did not appreciate waltzing with rough little dates. I actually wish I underblended, though, because finding little specks of juicy date really made the madeleine for me, and I wish the madeleine could've made it over and over and over.

We love the grease n flour. Classic.

Also the pelmeni :) Teaching Amanda the difference between pelmeni and pierogi was fun, because, i got hungry but I gave a pretty lumpy explanation. That's ok, our pielmeni were lumpy!



recipe aqui. Minor adjustment: we searched through aisles of beans, parking lots of angry food-shoppers, and mental inventories of frustrated grocers, and no adzuki beans could be found. So we went with the garbanzo. Admittedly, this made our pelmeni a bit drier, but half the work is showing up, right beans?

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment