Monday, June 21, 2010

Ay Conchitas Coloradas

As Amanda mentioned earlier..

We made conchitas!


Not only did we make them, we hand-carved them. As a kid, I was always drawn to the bright pink conchas in the Mexican dessert racks in grocery stores. I'd always scrape of the topping little by little, and bunch together little bits of its crumbliness to get it to my mouth. I'd usually skip the bread part--it was just dry and greasy (both at once!), and lacking in flavor.

These babies, however, were all ABOUT the bready part. Partially because the topping looked like poo.. We made a batch with margarine topping, and a batch with butter topping. I actually preferred the margarine variety, though I'm usually a butter person.

Here we GOO!


clabber clabber clabber. made the dough nice and apple vinegar-y :)


soft shaggy dough


nice inflated yeasty dough


pressing on the yummy tops


drawn-on concha shell pattern, plus a swirly shell


ooey gooey flexy flooey!


im making these again some day, i know it

-anna

1 comment: