Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dinner, by Anna and Amanda

Muhammara-inspired deviled eggs, quinoa-stuffed mushrooms, and a lovely gateau au citron, with honey lavender creme.


I bought a little muhammara at Berkeley Bowl, and spread some on boiled eggs on most days during finals. So I realized, why not make things a bit more complicated by reattempting my favorite dish from middle school days. (I only made deviled eggs and pinwheel sandwiches)

These babies are stuffed with a mixture of yolk, pomegranate molasses, chopped walnuts, quinoa, roasted red peppers, and paprika.


Mmmm. Amanda's brilliance! I wonder what she put in here..


More cakes should be viewed from the bottom. This glaze-soaked, fork-marked floor of cake, for your enjoyment!

We did try to whip the cream, but unfortunately we are not as skilled with a whisk as real women should be. Fortunately, no one cares!

http://lauriebot.com/2010/05/15/gateau-au-citron-avec-la-creme-lavande/

No comments:

Post a Comment